I was doing some research on hazelnuts and came across this yummy recipe. Adapted from the Hazelnut Council. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup oat bran (or wheat bran)
- 1/4 cup cystalized ginger, minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (grapeseed or sunflower oil recommended)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruit, chopped (cranberries, apricots, raisins, cherries, etc.)
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fresh fruit
- 1Mix oats, hazelnuts, wheat germ, bran and crystalized ginger in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk orange juice, sugar, oil, ginger, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. until well blended. Stir orange juice mixture into oat mixture until blended.
- 3Spread mixture in a 15" x 10" jelly roll pan(or cookie sheet).
- 4Bake at 325* F. for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally until brown and dry.
- 5Place mixture in a large bowl. Stir in dried fruit until blended. This will make about 8 cups.
- 6To assemble parfait:.
- 7Layer 1/4 cup each granola mix , yogurt and fresh fruit in a parfait glass. Repeat layering. Garnish with granola and fresh fruit.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Hazelnut Granola Parfait
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1027.6
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 370.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.7 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: