Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Another prize winner from Taste of Home's Cooking for 2 magazine.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 2 slices deli ham, 1 ounce each
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread mustard over the unbuttered side of two slices.
- Layer each with one slice of cheese, ham, tomato, remaining cheese and remaining bread, buttered side up.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs, milk and onion powder.
- Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, then coat with potato chips.
- In a large non stick skillet or griddle coated with cooking spray toast sandwichs for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.