Recipe by looneytunesfan
Crushed potato chips put the crunch in this appetizing variation on ham and cheese.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 2 slices deli ham
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup crushed ridged potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread mustard over the unbuttered side of two slices; layer each with one slice of cheese, ham, tomato, remaining cheese and remaining bread, buttered side up.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, milk and onion powder. Place potato chips in another bowl.
- Dip each sandwich into egg mixture; then coat with potato chips.
- In a large nonstick skillet or griddle coated with nonstick cooking spray, toast sandwiches for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.