Recipe by ciao
This granola makes a GREAT, filling snack. Good dry or with milk. It is very addictive, but it's good for you, so enjoy!
Top Review by Something to Chu On
Delicious; I used 1/2 cup of orange juice instead of water. I just made a "ginger spice" version to make it a little seasonal... so delicious: with the nuts, I added 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ground cardamom, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp ground ginger and after cooling completely, 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- dried fruits, if desired (I usually add cherry flavored cranberries and dates)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine brown sugar and water in a 4 cup microwave proof cup.
- Microwave on high 5 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from microwave and stir in vanilla and salt.
- In large mixing bowl, mix oats, nuts, and brown sugar mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Spread onto cookie sheets and bake 45 minutes-1 hour until golden brown.
- When granola has cooled completely, add fruits if you wish and store in airtight container.