Recipe by nursemichelle
This recipe is a combo of Food Network hosts Kathleen Daelemans and Paula Deen. Great snack with added dried fruit. Great topping for yogurt. Or I like it with milk as cereal.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Combine brown sugar and water in microwave safe bowl. Place in microwave on high for 5 minutes and cook until sugar is dissolved. Remove and add vanilla and salt and desired amount of cinnamon. Stir.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, nuts, and syrup. Stir until well coated. Spread on cookie sheet or sheets and bake 45 minutes to one hour or until golden and crunchy.
- Pour can of sweetened condensed milk over evenly and stir. Bake an additional 45-60 minutes at 300 dgrees stirring every 15 minutes. Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- May add dried fruits after baking and cooled or substitue other nuts such as almonds or walnuts for the pecans.