Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Homemade is so much better than commercially made.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 3 -4 tablespoons packed light brown sugar or 3 -4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice or 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 3 -4 tablespoons honey, warmed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 300°; butter or oil a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mix the first 10 ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, whisk the apple juice, honey, vanilla, and butter together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients; toss well to mix.
- Spread granola on the baking sheet; bake for approximately 45 minutes, stirring the granola well every 15 minutes, until it is a shade browner than it started and dry to the touch (it will become crisper as it cools).
- Cool on the baking sheet, break up any large pieces; store in an airtight container.