1/4 Photos of Crunchy Granola
1 hr 5 mins
This stuff is addicting! I don't remember where I got the recipe, but I have been making this since I was a teenager. The measurements for the oats and coconut are just guidelines; you can adjust it to your liking or what you have on hand. Let me know how you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Oat Mixture
- 4 -8 cups oats
- 2 cups wheat germ
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted nuts (sunflower, almonds, cashews)
- 1 -1 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 cup raisins
For Oil Mixture
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together the ingredients for Oat Mixture.
- 2In a small to medium bowl, separately mix together the first 4 ingredients for Oil Mixture.
- 3Add Oil Mixture (not the honey yet) to the Oat Mixture; blend well.
- 4Then add in the honey. Mix well.
- 5Spread thinly and evenly on cookie sheets (for ease of preparation, use rimmed cookie sheets).
- 6Bake at 325 d F for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden (stir @ every 12-15 minutes).
- 7After baking, remove from oven and let granola cool on cookie sheets.
- 8Remove granola from cooled pans and it's ready to eat, or store covered for about 2 weeks.
- 9Makes a nice food gift.
- 10Yield is approximate & depends on amounts used.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Granola
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.5
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 69.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 13.8 g