Recipe by Gabby Abby
This may be just about the easiest dinner you'll fix your family! It is low on ingredients and high in flavor. These make a great appetizer too. I have even served these at parties!
- 5 large frozen chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa (you choose the heat)
- 10 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese or 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the chicken breasts until they are fully cooked and remove from heat.
- Once the chicken has cooled for a bit, use a fork and shred the chicken into a mixing bowl. (It should be a bit stringy).
- Add the 1 cup of Salsa, and mix the chicken and salsa until the salsa is thoroughly covering the chicken.
- Heat up a frying pan or skillet to a medium to medium high heat.
- Take a flour tortilla and spoon out some of the chicken and salsa mix onto one half of it. ADD ENOUGH GRATED CHEESE TO YOUR DESIRED TASTE.
- Fold the filled tortilla in half and place on the greased (Pam Cooking Spray) fry pan or skillet.
- Cook until golden brown and then flip and cook the other side.
- Spray the frying pan between quesadillas to prevent sticking.
- *Optional: You can cut the quesadillas into thirds to make it easier to eat.
- *Optional: Enjoy these with guacamole and salsa, refried beans and tortilla chips!