Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This may be just about the easiest dinner you'll fix your family! It is low on ingredients and high in flavor. These make a great appetizer too. I have even served these at parties!
- Boil the chicken breasts until they are fully cooked and remove from heat.
- Once the chicken has cooled for a bit, use a fork and shred the chicken into a mixing bowl. (It should be a bit stringy).
- Add the 1 cup of Salsa, and mix the chicken and salsa until the salsa is thoroughly covering the chicken.
- Heat up a frying pan or skillet to a medium to medium high heat.
- Take a flour tortilla and spoon out some of the chicken and salsa mix onto one half of it. ADD ENOUGH GRATED CHEESE TO YOUR DESIRED TASTE.
- Fold the filled tortilla in half and place on the greased (Pam Cooking Spray) fry pan or skillet.
- Cook until golden brown and then flip and cook the other side.
- Spray the frying pan between quesadillas to prevent sticking.
- *Optional: You can cut the quesadillas into thirds to make it easier to eat.
- *Optional: Enjoy these with guacamole and salsa, refried beans and tortilla chips!
Wanted something quick and no oven for dinner using some leftover crockpot chicken. This was a hit with my hubby and I. Crunchy and gooey goodness. Thanks for sharing!
Great Quesadilla recipe! We ordinarily just make cheese in a tortilla. If we want meat, we add it. Adding the salsa to the inside is a great touch! This is an easy, tasty, refreshing change of pace. Thanks for the recipe.
Delicious!! These quick, easy, and very yummy quesadillas were the perfect snack for eating in front of the television while watching football. I halved the recipe, using 2 large chicken breasts and a little more than 1/2 cup medium salsa. I made some with regular flour tortillas, and some with whole wheat flour tortillas and they where great both ways. When filling the tortillas, I added some chopped, green onion on top of the chicken/ salsa mixture before topping with cheese. I used a 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese and put a generous amount in each quesadilla. I cooked these in my cast iron skillet which put a nice, crunchy crust on the tortillas. My family raved over them and gave them 2-thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!! *Made for Fall 2009 PAC*