These make a hard, crunchy cooky that's good for dipping in coffee or tea. My mom would make a "sandwich" with a piece of Schwartzbrot, butter and a gingerbread cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening, sugar and molasses.
- 2Add egg and beat.
- 3Sift flour with other dry ingredients.
- 4Gradually add these into wet ingredients.
- 5Chill dough for 1 1/2 hours (or more).
- 6Cut into shapes, place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 7Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Gingerbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (760 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.7
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 582.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: