Recipe by RubberDucky AU
Snappy, crunchy, golden brown ginger cookies perfect for dunking. Easy, and very delicious. Because I use Aussie measurements I'll write in teaspoons to avoid international confusion : )))
Top Review by julikoz
Oh My, these are so very good. I have to give it 5 stars just for making it through to yummy even though I had to improvise so much. 1st I didn't have self rising flour so I made it with 1-1/4 t. baking powder to each cup of flour. 2nd, I only have regular sugar...so I used that. 3rd I don't have golden syrup...I used Agave Nectar. Finally, I only had 6 t. of fresh ginger so I added 4 t. of dry powder. The cookies are very delicious and great for dunkin in Tea. Thanks for the great flexible recipe!
- 250 g butter
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 8 teaspoons golden syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups self raising flour
- 10 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C (350 F) or 170C if using gas or fan forced oven.
- Cream the first three ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the last four ingredients.
- Mix together til combined, but don't overmix.
- Bake teaspoonfuls on a greased tray for 10 mins, or until the entire biscuit is golden brown. If you only cook til it has golden edges you will get a chewy biscuit. It needs to be the same deep golden brown over the whole biscuit.
- Cool for a couple of minutes on the tray, and then lift to a rack. Store when totally cool in an airtight container.