1/2 Photos of Crunchy Garlic Topped Salmon Lasagne
1 hr 20 mins
The original recipe was from Super Food Ideas and called for tuna and due to an aversion for parmesan cheese from certain family members I substituted all cheddar and I also added some shredded spinach and we enjoyed with a salad and garlic bread. The original recipe has it down for 4 serves but I think 6 to 8 would be closer the mark. With using salmon I don't remove skin and bones but do so if you wish. Though the recipe called for 375 gram packet of lasagne sheets (8 sheets), I only used 4 1/2 sheets in my dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 375 g lasagna sheets (packet fresh)
- 425 g red salmon (drained, break up)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup spinach (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Creamy White Sauce
Crunchy Garlic Crumb
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced.
- 2Place the lasagne sheets on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high (100%) for 1 minute (this helps to separate the sheets more easily before using).
- 3Combine salmon, peas, spinach and lemon juice in a bowl and then set aside.
- 4Make creamy white sauce - melt the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat and then add flour and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until mixture is bubbling.
- 5Gradually stir in the milk (I use a whisk at this stage) whisking until smooth (then I swap to a wooden spoon), stirring for about 5 minutes or until sauce thicken.
- 6Remove from the heat and stir in cheddar cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Lightly grease a 6 cup capacity ovenproof dish and place lasagne sheets over the base of the prepared dish, trimming to fit.
- 8Spoon 1/4 of the white sauce over sheets, spreading with the back of a spoon and top with 1/3 of the tuna mixture and then repeat layers twice more finishing with remaining lasagne sheets and shite sauce and the cover with baking paper and then foil and bake for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- 9Meanwhile, make crunchy garlic crumb - combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- 10Remove foil and paper from lasagne and sprinkle with crumb mixture and chopped parsley and then bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and then stand for 5 minutes and then serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Garlic Topped Salmon Lasagne
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.8
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 135.5 mg
- Sodium 595.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 40.3 g