Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Like a candy bar!
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Add cereal and stir until well coated.
- Press HALF of the mixture into buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Chill while preparing fudge mixture.
- Melt chocolate chips, powdered sugar, butter and water over hot water; stir until smooth.
- Spread chocolate over chilled cereal mixture.
- Spread remaining cereal mixture evenly over top.
- Press gently and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares.
My mom taught me this recipe years ago and said she had been making it since she got married. She has now been married almost 37 years. My daughter asks me to make this one frequently. LOVE IT!!!!
This is a very crunchy and good bar. It has all the flavors you would want. Thanks for posting.