1/2 Photos of Crunchy Fried Shrimp
KS Farmwife's Note:
I've guessed on cook time here. These are the crunchiest shrimp I've had outside of a restaurant! This makes alot, but if you are going to make these you may as well go all out!! Everyone loves them! These have received so many mixed reviews that I thought maybe I should mention that I deep fry them in a Presto Fry Daddy and not very many at a time. I never said they were easy...and I get better each time I do it. Thanks for giving them so much attention!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, stir flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, egg whites, water and oil together with a whisk.
- 2Pour out a liberal amount of cornflake crumbs on a dinner plate.
- 3Roll each shrimp well into batter mixture and quickly roll in cornflake crumbs.
- 4Deep fry shrimp about 7 at a time till golden brown.
- 5Drain on paper towels.
- 6Serve with cocktail and/or tartar sauce.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Fried Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 143.0 mg
- Sodium 854.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 19.2 g