I've guessed on cook time here. These are the crunchiest shrimp I've had outside of a restaurant! This makes alot, but if you are going to make these you may as well go all out!! Everyone loves them! These have received so many mixed reviews that I thought maybe I should mention that I deep fry them in a Presto Fry Daddy and not very many at a time. I never said they were easy...and I get better each time I do it. Thanks for giving them so much attention!
- In a medium bowl, stir flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, egg whites, water and oil together with a whisk.
- Pour out a liberal amount of cornflake crumbs on a dinner plate.
- Roll each shrimp well into batter mixture and quickly roll in cornflake crumbs.
- Deep fry shrimp about 7 at a time till golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with cocktail and/or tartar sauce.