Recipe by Japanese Delight
If duck isn't your thing, use a rotisserie chicken, some cooked shrimp or maybe cold roast pork as a alternative. Or just enjoy the veggies alone.For really easy preparation use a mandoline.
- 1 peking duck, skin removed & shredded
- 4 cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 1 cup julienned daikon radish
- 1 bunch watercress, stems removed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Recipe for Hoisin Vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh grated
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- radish sprouts
- duck, skin cripsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- In a large bowl, combine the duck meat and all of the vegetables. Toss the salad with the vinaigrette and arrange the salad on a platter. Garnish with radish sprouts and duck skin that has been crisped in the oven and shredded.
- Do not dress salad until ready to serve.