Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, soft
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quaker harvest crunch cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, added with the harvest crunch (variation) (optional)
- Beat shortening, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla together until creamy.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt; add to creamed mixture; blend well.
- Stir in Quaker Harvest Crunch.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated moderate oven (350 degrees F.) for 10 to 12 minutes.
I made these and put them in the freezer to have cookies on hand. The hubby and three teenagers emptied the container in just a few days!!! They keep asking me to make more!
Followed recipe exactly, turned out perfectly. Made a perfect 24. Excellent recipe and instructions. Used a whoopie pie pan to make perfectly round cookies. Thanks for sharing!
I bought a box of Quaker Harvest Crunch cereal, thinking is would be good for breakfast. Well, I didn't really care for it so searched to see if it could be salvaged. Fortunate for me, I happened upon your recipe. Wow. These are amazing cookies. The cereal had raisins and almonds, so with the addition of the chocolate put these way over the top. Mine took 15 minutes to bake, probably because I overloaded the spoon. Thanks so much for sharing, and rescuing the box of cereal. :D