- 1⁄2 cup shortening, soft
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quaker harvest crunch cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, added with the harvest crunch (variation) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat shortening, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla together until creamy.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt; add to creamed mixture; blend well.
- Stir in Quaker Harvest Crunch.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated moderate oven (350 degrees F.) for 10 to 12 minutes.