Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate or 8 ounces white chocolate
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed and well dried
- 12 Oreo cookies, finely chopped
- Heat chocolate and butter in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Dip strawberries into melted chocolate; roll over chopped cookies.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet; let stand until chocolate sets.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Nice, but have you tried dipping the strawberries in a fondant icing after letting the chocolate set, now that IS luxurious!
I tried this recipe with white chocolate and it just did not work for me. The chocolate did not stick to the berry. I don't know if it was the amount of butter or what. I did like the fact that I didn't have to use a double boiler. This recipe ended up tasting okay but I don't think I will use this particular recipe in the future.
This was easy to prepare and adds a little elegance after dinner as a dessert. Be careful though, it is tempting to dip the extra oreo's from the package into the chocolate for your own homemade choc. covered cookies. We had fun with this one!