- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 4 -16 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, butter (the more butter you use the crunchier they'll be, I find that 8 tbsp is perfect), and milk.
- Warm melted butter may separate into flaky clumps when mixed with milk. I just stick it in the microwave for 1 minute then stir and the lumps will go away.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg/milk mixture.
- Gently whisk together just until combined.
- Baking time and amount of batter will depend on your individual waffle maker. I use about a cup of batter for 2 waffles and mine take about 3 1/2 minutes to bake. I like to bake mine until they are a dark golden brown. Cooking spray usually isn't needed if you use 8 tbsp or more butter in the batter.