1/2 Photos of Crunchy Delicious Waffles
For a long time I tried to find a recipe for waffles that would make them crunchy on the outside, not limp and soggy. These are great, I got the recipe from "The Joy of Cooking"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- 2In another bowl whisk together eggs, butter (the more butter you use the crunchier they'll be, I find that 8 tbsp is perfect), and milk.
- 3Warm melted butter may separate into flaky clumps when mixed with milk. I just stick it in the microwave for 1 minute then stir and the lumps will go away.
- 4Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg/milk mixture.
- 5Gently whisk together just until combined.
- 6Baking time and amount of batter will depend on your individual waffle maker. I use about a cup of batter for 2 waffles and mine take about 3 1/2 minutes to bake. I like to bake mine until they are a dark golden brown. Cooking spray usually isn't needed if you use 8 tbsp or more butter in the batter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Delicious Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.3
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 269.2 mg
- Sodium 883.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 17.9 g