Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Serve this with a sliced banana and some soymilk. Yum! Feel free to use whatever kind of dried fruit you have on hand. Raisins, chopped figs, dried apple slices etc. The almonds can also be replaced with your favourite type of nuts.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄8 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Mix together oats, almonds, coconut and cinnamon.
- Add maple syrup and water to the oat mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped dates and stir together.
- Transfer back to baking sheet and spread evenly until cooled.
- Store in an air tight container.