Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice served with a salad and oven-baked potato wedges. Adjust the amount of curry powder to your own liking. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the breasts.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chives or 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Flatten the chicken breast between two sheets of plastic or parchment paper.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the garlic, curry powder, chives and salt.
- With a knife, spread a layer of this mixture on one side of the chicken, press into the cornflakes, now spread the mixture on the side which is up, and press that in the cornflakes (use a spatula or your hands (messy) for pressing down).
- Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Put on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes, do not turn over, until done and lightly browned.
I thought this was really good, but my girlfriend didn't like a certain spice in it. Probably the curry. I didn't use parchment paper- used wax paper instead (and sprayed some cooking spray) and some of the coating did come off from the bottom portion, but not too bad (and I know its because I didn't follow the directions completely) Thank you for a good recipe, Pets! And Congratulations for being my first review as a Recipezaar member! Yeah! :)
We saw the recipe and thought hmm sounds interesting, and the were. I increased the curry powder, and used crunchy nut cornflakes and they tasted great. I served them with plain long grain rice and salad. Thanks Pets.
We really enjoyed this quick and simple oven recipe. I used the curry spice for mine, and I made a seperate mixture substituting cajun spice for DH (he doesn't care for curry). They were both tasty, and DH asked for seconds. I served it with baked potatoes and steamed broccoli. Thanks Pets, for posting the recipe!