Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This 4-ingredient recipe is surprisingly yummy, while being pretty healthy too. It's great for those long days when you're hungry and tired and sleepy all at the same time and longing for a quick, simple, satisfying meal. I made this tonight after returning from college really late, and it gave me just the boost I needed!
- 1 pita bread, halved
- 17 1⁄2 g plain cheese spread (I use one "triangle" of Laughing Cow Cheese Spread)
- 1⁄2 cup peeled thinly sliced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celcius (480 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Prepare the veggies.
- Spread the cheese spread evenly over the two pita halves.
- Arrange the sliced cucumbers evenly over the pitas, overlapping if necessary.
- Season generously with pepper, and salt.
- Sprinkle the grated carrots over the cucumber slices.
- Season with salt and pepper again, to taste.
- Place on a baking wire rack and bake (toast) in preheated oven for 5 minutes, or until the pita edges are lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.