1/1 Photo of Crunchy Crust Peach Cobbler
I was looking for peach cobbler recipe that was a bit different and found this one at TOH. Dh ended up making this so that speaks to the ease of the recipe. This would be easy to substitute other fruit for peaches and I personally would increase the fruit filling but it was good as written as well. This makes for a nice cobbler with a crunchy crust with a light meringue flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts peaches, drained or 6 -8 fresh peaches
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 1/2 tablespoons Clear Jel
- 3/4-1 cup sugar
- 1Combine peaches (drained), cornstarch or clear jel and sugar; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2For crust, combine flour, egg yolks, butter, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Gently fold in stiff egg whites - this is a kind of a crumbly dough. Drop and then spread over peaches.
- 3Bake at 375° for about 45 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling around edges and top is golden. Serve with whipped topping or a dusting of powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Crust Peach Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.5
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 68.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 38.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g