Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another lower fat, lower carb recipe I've recently adopted in my diet.
Make and share this Crunchy Crispy Chicken Dijon recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs, plain
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Coat chicken pieces with flour, shaking off excess.
- Spread chicken with mustard, then roll in bread crumbs to coat evenly.
- In large skillet, over medium heat, cook chicken in hot oil for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done.
This was quick and delicious!! I used Panko crumbs, which made it extra crispy. Also, I didn't have Honey Mustard on hand, so I mixed Dijon with some honey and it worked out great. I cooked the chicken partially in a skillet till the crust got golden, then I put it on a small baking tray in the oven at 350F to cook through while I sauteed some mushrooms with onions, garlic & some chicken broth.
My husband and I both loved this dish and I will be making it again for sure!!
Thanks for posting this recipe, Sherrybeth!
Was very good! Quick and easy!
I ended up making this because I was out of an ingredient for the recipe I planned. I'm SO glad! This was super easy, fast and absolutely delicious. After two servings my 4-year-old asked for even more. And my 7-year-old asked that leftovers (there won't be any) would be put in her lunch. I used dijon mustard and coconut oil in place of the vegetable oil. Thanks! This goes in our regular rotation.