This sounds like it would a lush and 'posh' offering for your guests at a party such as a New Year's Eve party. This recipe comes from chef John Torode and was published in the January 2008 copy of the BBC Good Food Magazine. The recipe says these can be frozen if the crabmeat used is fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the potato for 15 minutes until soft.
- 2Meanwhile, place 1 ounce of the butter and all of the cream in a heavy-based pan and bring to the boil.
- 3Slice the green onions, separating the green and white parts, then add the white slices to the boiling liquid and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to soften.
- 4Pass the cooked potato through a ricer or sieve to a really fine mash and then add to the pan and mix everything together. Set aside to cool.
- 5Add the crabmeat and sliced green bits of the onion to the potato mixture and stir together.
- 6Melt the remaining butter.
- 7Unwrap the filo pastry and cover with a clean, damp tea towel to prevent it drying out.
- 8Brush melted butter over one sheet, place another on top and brush again with butter. Then add a final sheet of filo.
- 9Cut the filo sheets into 3 long strips. Then cut each strip in half across the middle.
- 10Place a teaspoon of the crab onto the bottom right-hand corner of each filo strip.
- 11Fold the filo over to make a triangle, then fold again, rolling up the strip.
- 12When the mixture is enclosed and you have neat triangle shape, place on a baking tray and brush with more butter.
- 13Heat oven to 400 degrees and cook the rolls for 15 to 20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- 14To serve, pile the parcels up on a plate or bowl. Then scatter over the extra sliced green onion, if you like.
- 15FREEZING DIRECTIONS: These can be frozen if using fresh crab. Freeze at the point before cooking. They can be frozen for up to a month.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Crab Parcels (With Freezing Directions)
Serving Size: 1 (855 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 133.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g