Recipe by Terese
The couscous gives this chicken a lovely coating and goes really well with the avocado mixture. The prep time says 40 minutes but 20 of that is refrigeration time.
- 1 (312 1/2 g) cup couscous
- 1 (387 1/2 ml) cup boiling water
- 600 g chicken tenderloins
- 16 2⁄3 g cups plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 red Thai chile, seeded,chopped finely
- 15 ml cups olive oil
- 150 g mesclun (or other assorted lettuce leaves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine couscous with the water in a large heatproof bowl.
- Cover; stand 5 minutes or until water is absorbed, fluffing with fork occasionally.
- Toss chicken in flour, shake away excess.
- Dip chicken in small bowl containing combined egg and milk.
- Toss chicken in couscous; place on tray.
- Cover; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash avocado with juice and chilli in small bowl, cover.
- Heat oil in large non-stick frying pan; cook chicken, in batches, until browned both sides and cooked through.
- Serve chicken with avocado mixture and mesclun combined with tomato, if desired.