Recipe by Anita Harris
This salad goes great with any meal, especially barbeque. The recipe is from the July/August 2000 issue of Quick Cooking. Make in advance-needs to chill.
Top Review by Little Squirrel
I loved this recipe - I think it's way better than the standard marinated bean recipe! I couldn't stop sampling it as it was marinading! LOL I omitted the water chestnuts as I don't like water chestnuts, reduced the amount of green onion, and increased the amount of celery. Yum yum yum!
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can white corn or 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained & chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large serving bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper; whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over corn mixture; mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Stir just before serving; serve with a slotted spoon.