Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Seems you can coat chicken with just about anything. Case in point: this recipe in which chicken is coated with crushed corn chips. When baked, the chicken is crunchy and delicious. And look for variations at the end of the recipe! Recipe is from Gooseberry Patch.
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups barbecue corn chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Arrange chicken breasts in an ungreased 9x13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In bowl, combine soup, 1 cup of the cheese and taco seasoning; spread over chicken. Bake for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with corn chips and remaining cheese. return to oven and bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- 1. You can use other chips crackers or even cornflakes. This is a great way to use up stale chips.
- 2. Use a different flavor of creamy soup. Cream of mushroom would be great. So would a can of creamed corn.
- 3. Toss some frozen peas, green beans or broccoli into the soup mixture for a veggie boost.
- 4. For a spicy kick, add a can of canned chili peppers.
- 5. Instead of chips, top the chicken with some chopped walnuts or almonds for a protein boost.