Recipe by Texas Barby
I should call this Disappearing Cole Slaw because that is a better description. If I had read the recipe first, I might never have tasted it but give it a try. This slaw is the perfect take-along for a covered dish affair. Add the dressing at the last minute to preserve the crunch.
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 6 ounces beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 lb coleslaw mix
- 4 -8 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, matchstick
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake oil, sugar, vinegar, and soup seasoning packets together in a dressing blender or jar. This step can be done up to one day in advance.
- In a dry skillet, toast the almonds to a light brown. Allow almonds to cool. Place the Ramen Noodles in a zipper bag. Use a rolling pin to crush the noodles. Add sunflower seeds and cooled almonds to the crushed noodles. Do NOT refrigerate. This step can be done up to one day in advance.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the slaw mix, onions, and carrots. (I buy the pre-cut carrot matchsticks in the produce section.).
- Just before serving, add the contents of the zipper bag and dressing shaker to the slaw mix. Toss and serve immediately.