Today my mom chose to make this recipe for my post-college meal, and the only thing I loved more than its taste was her thoughtfulness in selecting something that was fresh, healthy, nutritious, non-greasy... just the way I love my food! Thanks Mom! Note: This is from "Summer Cookery" by Sushma Shourie. Prep. time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
main di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch the bean sprouts in boiling water for 1 minute.
- 2Refresh in cold water and drain well.
- 3Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil in a salad bowl.
- 4Steam green beans (or blanch in boiling water) for 4 minutes or until crisp tender.
- 5Combine the bean sprouts, green beans, panir (or tofu) strips and bell pepper strips and toss with the dressing in the salad bowl.
- 6Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Cold Bean Sprout Salad
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.9
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1525.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: