Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
Today my mom chose to make this recipe for my post-college meal, and the only thing I loved more than its taste was her thoughtfulness in selecting something that was fresh, healthy, nutritious, non-greasy... just the way I love my food! Thanks Mom! Note: This is from "Summer Cookery" by Sushma Shourie. Prep. time includes chilling time.
- Blanch the bean sprouts in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Refresh in cold water and drain well.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil in a salad bowl.
- Steam green beans (or blanch in boiling water) for 4 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Combine the bean sprouts, green beans, panir (or tofu) strips and bell pepper strips and toss with the dressing in the salad bowl.
- Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes.