Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
A simple and tasty appetizer that could also serve as a full meal with some noodles and veggies.
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 1⁄4 lbs uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined, tails on
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine coconut milk, pepper, cilantro and shrimp in a sealable bag. Coat shrimp with mixture and refrigerate bag for 60 minutes.
- Dip shrimp in flour, then egg whites, then roll it in the coconut and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 7 minutes each side.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choice. Nice and easy sauce can be made with 1 teaspoons of mustard and 1/3 cup apricot preserves.
These shrimp were very very tasty. The added coconut milk and jalapeno really kick this up a notch. I had to go out so left the shrimps in the marinade for most of the day, so the shrimp had a really pronounced flavour. We loved these and will make again. Thanks for sharing.