Recipe by Kerena
Another King Arthur favorite. Note coconut milk powder and unsweetened macaroon coconut are available at kingarthurflour.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups unsweetened macaroon coconut
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 13 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- toasted coconut
- almonds, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease an 18 x 13" baking sheet.
- For the crust: Beat together the butter, coconut milk powder, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, coconut flavoring and salt until fluffy. Blend in the baking powder, flour and macaroon coconut.
- Press dough into the pan, pricking all over with a fork.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until lightly browned and puffed. Remove from oven and cool while making the topping.
- melt chocolate and sweetened condensed milk together over low heat. Stir until shiny. Spread over warm crust, and sprinkle with toasted coconut and almonds.Cool for several hours before cutting into 1 x 2" bars.