Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Legend has it that Chinese workers brought a version of this condiment to America in the 1800s. Courtesy of Cooking Light.
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup green tomato, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Drain well.
- Combine vegetable mixture, sugar and remaining ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or just until heated.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.