Dangerous little things :) Recipe is from Athens Foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or 3 sprays nonstick cooking spray
- 3 ounces chorizo sausage (can substitute soyrizo, lower in fat)
- 8 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (typically served with egg rolls)
- 1/2 small jalapeno, diced reserve one whole slice for garnish
- 1 small bunch cilantro, removed from stem and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (use the whites and greens of the onion)
- 3 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16 sheets athens phyllo dough, thawed (9-inch x 14-inch)
- 1Using a small nonstick skillet, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and cook the chorizo for 5 minutes. After 2 1/2 minutes, stir the chorizo, which will become firm and darker in color. Set aside chorizo to cool.
- 2In a small bowl, blend sweet chili sauce (reserve 4 tablespoons for dipping), diced jalapeño, chopped chives and cream cheese. Now add and blend chopped cilantro and the cooled chorizo.
- 3Place the fillo on the work surface. Lay a sheet of fillo dough on the work surface and lightly brush with butter. Start with the edges and brush towards the center to prevent the fillo from cracking. Repeat for three more sheets. Place 2 tablespoons of the filling in the center of the short edge of the stacked fillo, leaving 1 inch from each side free of the filling. Roll twice and then fold the side edges in to enclose the sides. Continue to roll until the end of the fillo is reached. Repeat this process until 4 rolls have been completed. Place the rolls seam side down at least 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Brush the rolls with the remaining butter. Bake in a preheated 350ºF for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4Serve the rolls warm with the reserved sweet chili sauce. Garnish with sliced jalapeno, green onions or cilantro.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Chorizo and Cream Cheese Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.7
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.0 mg
- Sodium 702.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce