Recipe by *Chef H*
I was going to make my favorite chewy chocolate chip bars whose recipe I found here on Zaar. But we ran out of brown sugar just as I took out the crust from the oven. I had a full bag of chocolate chips, and some peanut butter, so I combine them and made these! By the way, they look and taste fabulous with a little powdered sugar sprinkled over top of them!
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix butter, and brown sugar, then stir in flour.
- Pat mixture into a 9 by 9 inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Melt chocolate chips for about 30 seconds; then add peanut butter and microwave for about 30-45 seconds.
- Stir chocolate-peanut butter mixture until creamy.
- Pour over crust and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).
- Cool in fridge for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Serve cold.