Recipe by Boomette
Here is a recipe that I took in a French book for healthy recipes. This one is made with cocoa, so less calories. Only 56 calories per cookie (that's what is written in the book)
Top Review by Deantini
This is a decent cookie for a low fat no-butter version and I am rating it as such. The dough really is very dense and I found it somewhat difficult to mix it up without using my hands, then ended up for dough enough for 2 cookies stuck to my hands. 9 minutes was good for my oven. Made for Holiday tag.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl, mix rolled oats, flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg whites, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Add the mixture of egg whites to the mixture in the big bowl and mix. The dough should be very dense. Incorporate the rice crispies.
- Let drop the dough to the spoon on a non-stick baking sheet (or you can put some oil on the baking sheet).
- Cook in a preheated oven of 350 F for 9 to 11 minutes.