Recipe by Lalaloula
I know there are a lot of chocolate chip cookie recipes here on zaar already but this is different. :) These cookies are puffy and crunchy rather than flat and gooey. They are only lightly sweet and can be varied easily. Think of adding in chopped nuts, oats, coconut flakes etc.
- 100 g butter, softened
- 50 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg
- 200 g flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl cream butter until frothy.
- Add in sugar and vanilla while beating continously.
- Add honey and egg. Mix well.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture little by little as to prevent excessive dusting.
- Fold in chocolate chips and work into a smooth dough.
- Using your hands take little portions of dough, roll them into balls (approx. the size of a walnut), place on a paper-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350F for 15-20 minutes.