Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (6 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped peanuts (, Salted, unsalted or dry roasted peanuts may be used)
- Heat oven to 375F degrees.
- Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
- Place brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Add egg; beat just until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in miniature chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly with fingers.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375°F for 7 to 8 minutes or until cookies are set and just beginning to brown.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.