Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Intriguing flavors and textures make this main-dish salad an instant family favorite. Most of the ingredients are pantry staples. Make pork roast the night before and plan for this “planned over” supper, or purchase deli pork roast. Pair with fresh breadsticks hot from the oven. Recipe provided courtesy of Pork: The Other White Meat.
- 3⁄4 lb roast pork, cubed
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 6 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (3 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, cook bacon just until crisp; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together bacon, pork, lettuce, water chestnuts and green onions.
- For dressing, in small bowl stir together soy sauce, honey, catsup and dry mustard.
- Add dressing and chow mein noodles to salad; tossing lightly to coat.
This was a very easy and good salad. I went to the store for the pork (would have been better using one that I had fixed the night before and seasoned...but I will next time). My DH really enjoyed it and said it was a keeper. Thank you. Made for Spring PAC 09.