Great dish for entertaining a small crowd. A James Martin recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the topping
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1/4 fresh red chile, de-seeded
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1/4 red bell pepper, de-seeded
- 1/4 small red onion, peeled
- 1/2 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces instant polenta
For the arugula pesto
- 1To make the topping, place the tomatoes, chilli, anchovy, red pepper, onion and garlic into a blender and blend to a rough paste.
- 2Add the olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- 3Combine this paste with the instant polenta in a bowl.
- 4Place all the pesto ingredients in the blender and blend into a fine paste. Remove from the blender and leave to one side.
- 5Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 6Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a pan and seal the chicken breasts for a few minutes on each side to colour the flesh.
- 7Place the chicken breasts on an oven tray and top each with a thick coating of the polenta mixture.
- 8Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes to cook the chicken through and allow the topping to go crunchy.
- 9Place the chicken breasts on a plate and serve with a dollop of the arugula pesto on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Chilli Chicken With Arugula Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1325.9
- Calories from Fat 910
- Total Fat 101.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 148.5 mg
- Sodium 330.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 56.0 g