Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From "Cooks Country" magazine. This is perfect for a mixture of cashews, peanuts, and almonds.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb unsalted nuts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F; line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spray with cooking spray.
- Separate egg white from yolk into a large bowl (reserving yolk for another use); whisk egg white with lime zest, lime juice, and salt.
- Add nuts and toss to coat; drain in a colander for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne; add nuts and toss to coat with spices; spread nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until dry and crisp, turning baking sheet once halfway through cooking, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool, then break apart nuts and serve.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 weeks.
Great way to have an alternative recipe for nuts.. Rare occasions do we have them spiced up.