Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy party appetizer or a friend and neighbor holiday gift. One word of caution tho- make plenty because they're positively addicting!
- 4 cups raw pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place pecans and melted butter in a large bowl and toss until nuts are well-coated.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss again.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, immediately loosen nuts with a metal spatula and set aside to cool before serving or placing in gift containers.
- Makes 4 cups.
Awesome! Wow! I had to force myself to stop munching on these. I used mild chili powder and 1/4t cayenne, just a perfect blend of sweet and hot.
I realized I didn't have regular chili powder so I used adobo and it worked great, too.Only takes five minutes to get these nuts in the oven. Made these to add in Nantucket Bleu Spinach Salad Recipe #50875, which made it DIVINE. Roxygirl