Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Homemade chicken strips. These are crunchy as you have noticed; my husband wanted some crunch. Enjoy.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup white wine (or whats left!)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup herb seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 cups milk
- 1 pinch lemon salt (I like a lot)
- pepper (I like a lot)
- Slice chicken long or short, your way is best.
- Soak chicken in wine for an hour or overnight.
- Mix together flour, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken strips with flour mixture.
- Dip in milk.
- Coat a second time with flour.
- Heat stove top to medium.
- Cook until brown and cooked all the way through.
- Sprinkle lemon salt and pepper on both sides while cooking.
These turned out pretty well, tasty, but not as crispy as I was hoping. I think that I might just need to use more oil than I'm used to using in the pan to fry these and make them crispier...
I loved this, but can see where maybe little kids wouldn't like it, but for adults, it is awesome. I used Kittencal's Garlic Croutons for the herb breadcrumbs - just smashed them up. I made this for PAC Spring 2010.
We liked these, but unfortunately the fussy little ones I was making them for didn't.. so much for trying to wean them away from commercial chicken nuggets. I think that the batter as too thick ad I wonder if leaving out the breadcrumbs and just using the flour would have been closer to the commercial ones here and thus more acceptable to pass off as the same. Please see my rating system: 3 stars for great flavour but for where the thickness of the batter didn't fool my kids for a moment and they turned their fussy little noses up at it. They don't know what they miss. I was glad to have tried, at least. Thanks!