Recipe by cookiedog
This salad is unique because it includes peanut brittle. It is the $200 winner in the Crunchy Kitchen Favorites Category January 2007 BHG. Cook time is refrigeration.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
What a novel idea & what a conversation piece! I'd previously made some Pistachio Brittle from another ZAAR recipe, so had some of that to substitute for the peanut brittle, but I DID include the salted mixed nuts! A great taste combination, & I'll certainly be keeping this recipe! Thanks so much!
- 709.77 ml coarsely shredded cooked chicken
- 2-3 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 78.07 ml finely chopped onion
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml salted mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
- 177.44 ml broken peanut brittle
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl stir together chicken, celery, onion, mayonnaise, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Stir in nuts and peanut brittle just before serving. Salad can be refrigerated up to 2 hours after adding the nuts. Serve with flatbread.