Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a modification of a recipe found in "Best Kept Secrets of Low-Fat Cooking." It's particularly yummy on a hot summer day, and is good served with salad greens and a warm loaf of bread. Note: cook time includes chilling. Enjoy!
- In a small pan bring the water to a boil and add wild rice. Reduce heat, simmer about 55 minutes. Remove from heat and chill, if possible.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, grapes, water chestnuts, and celery.
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, and spices, mixing well.
- Add the chilled wild rice and mix again.
- Chill for at least 1 1/2 hours before serving.
I just felt this needed something else. I found it quite flavorless. Like all the ingredients but not a keeper for me.
I was feeling creative so I used sirloin instead of chicken and paprika instead of curry. It was good, but I know it will be great with the curry next time. Thanks for posting!
This was soooo good! It was gone in a flash! I doubled the recipe with no problems. I used canned turkey from Costco. Added 3 small green onions and a bit more curry (cause we love it) This was an easy and delish lunch for DD Prom getting ready party!! Thanks for posting it!