Recipe by smellyvegetarian
This is a modification of a recipe found in "Best Kept Secrets of Low-Fat Cooking." It's particularly yummy on a hot summer day, and is good served with salad greens and a warm loaf of bread. Note: cook time includes chilling. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice (one small package)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups grapes, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pan bring the water to a boil and add wild rice. Reduce heat, simmer about 55 minutes. Remove from heat and chill, if possible.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, grapes, water chestnuts, and celery.
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, and spices, mixing well.
- Add the chilled wild rice and mix again.
- Chill for at least 1 1/2 hours before serving.