Recipe by FoodieFinn
dredged in egg, dipped in panko /fresh parmesan seasoned breading, and oven baked to a golden color, these delicious crunchy are perfect for young and old. (especially the picky eater)
Top Review by mersaydees
Very tasty little nuggets! Kids, especially, are certain to love them! Next time will try with the cayenne and some kind of dip, even BBQ sauce! Thanks, FoodieFinn. Made for PAC Spring '09.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- add baking sheet lined with foil , with oil on it, to preheat for several minutes.
- cube up the chicken breasts , 1" by 1".
- crack eggs in one bowl and mix well.
- in another bowl, add panko , parmesan, salt and pepper, mix thoroughly.
- with one "wet" hand take a piece of chicken and toss it around in the egg mix.
- with same "wet" hand remove that piece and drop it in the breading.
- roll it around with your "dry" hand patting the crumb mixture onto the chicken.
- Bread all the chicken.
- Remove hot pan from oven, be careful!
- Place chicken pieces on pan evenly spaced apart.
- Put in oven, set timer for 20 minutes.
- At the 10 min mark , flip all the chicken pieces, cook 10 more minutes or until a thermometer registers 170F.
- Variation: kick it up, add 1/8 tsp cayenne to the breading mix.
- Good with real honey dill dip.