Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a local magazine and adapted it to suit my taste. This was a big hit with the boys as a football game appetizer!
- 3 cups corn flakes, finely crushed
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- Heat oil for frying.
- In bowl, combine corn flakes, bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne; mix well.
- Whisk egg and milk together in separate bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat well with corn flake mixture.
- Fry in hot oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with spicy dipping sauce.
- To prepare sauce, combine remaining ingredients.