1/1 Photo of Crunchy Chicken Egg Rolls With Tangy Dipping Sauce #A1
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. We love crispy and crunchy foods so I was on a search to make the same without frying but instead baking…Voila! The baked chicken egg roll was born. A.1. and Asian flavors blend perfectly together for the dipping sauce. As a matter of fact, double the sauce portion of this recipe because you will crave more!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of access fat
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder, blend
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped, reserve 1 to 2 sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely ground
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Add oil to a medium size non-stick skillet and heat over medium high until the oil starts to shimmer. While the oil heats, rub pepper, salt, 5 spice, and brown sugar on all sides of the chicken. Cook chicken on each side until brown, approximately 6 - 8 minutes. Lower the heat, cover and cook the an additional 5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove chicken from pan, let rest, rough chop and add to a food processor.
- 3Blend the sweet chili sauce, hoisin sauce, A.1. Steak Sauce, jalapeno, cilantro, onions, and walnuts in a small bowl. Blend with a fork and remove 4 tablespoons to the food processor containing the chicken. Lightly pulsate mixture.
- 4Unfold the pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Cut each pastry sheet into four 5-inch squares. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture on the lower third of each pastry square. Fold 2 sides over the filling and roll up like an egg roll. Place the egg rolls seam-side down onto an ungreased baking sheet. Brush the egg rolls with the egg and bake for 20 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- 5Garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro and serve immediately with the sauce.
- 7Time saver tip: buy a rotisserie chicken and use it to replace the skillet chicken.
- 8If you like spicy flavors, add 1 minced chipotle pepper from a can of chipotle in adobo sauce to the sauce prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Chicken Egg Rolls With Tangy Dipping Sauce #A1
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.4
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.0 mg
- Sodium 859.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder
sweet chili sauce
A.1. Original Sauce