Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old favorite from a magazine clipping-probably a Campbell's ad as you will see. I usually lessen the amount of chicken and cook 1 cup of rice (regular, not instant.)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices swiss cheese (I use cheddar) or 4 slices American cheese, each cut in half (I use cheddar)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell cream of chicken soup
- 3 slices tomatoes (thin slices)
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pepperidge farm herb seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- hot cooked rice
- In 3 quart oblong baking dish, place chicken, top with cheese.
- Stir soup and spread over cheese; top with tomato.
- Combine margarine and stuffing, sprinkle over tomato.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce is bubbly and stuffing is browned.
- Serve over rice.
My family LOVES this recipe!! I have an old Campbells cook book and its in there. We've been making it for at least 10 years now. I use a slice of tomato on each piece of chicken. Just a side note, don't slice the tomato too thick.