joan in CNY's Note:
An old favorite from a magazine clipping-probably a Campbell's ad as you will see. I usually lessen the amount of chicken and cook 1 cup of rice (regular, not instant.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices swiss cheese (I use cheddar) or 4 slices American cheese, each cut in half (I use cheddar)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can campbell cream of chicken soup
- 3 slices tomatoes (thin slices)
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup pepperidge farm herb seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- hot cooked rice
- 1In 3 quart oblong baking dish, place chicken, top with cheese.
- 2Stir soup and spread over cheese; top with tomato.
- 3Combine margarine and stuffing, sprinkle over tomato.
- 4Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce is bubbly and stuffing is browned.
- 5Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Chicken-Cheese Bake
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 386.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb seasoned stuffing mix