Recipe by BeachGirl
Prepare this in advance, place it in the oven and relax while it cooks. It's a delicious way to use left-over chicken and rice. A good potluck or family casserole, as children love it!
Top Review by moxie
Beachgirl, this is really a great combination of flavors and textures! I threw in frozen peas when I discovered I was out of celery and added some poultry seasoning. Thanks for a lovely meal.
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 1 whole egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice (white, brown, wild, or mixture)
- 1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2-quart casserole with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all casserole ingredients together and spoon into casserole.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle cornflakes on top.
- Spray top with non-stick cooking spray.
- Return casserole to oven and cook an additional 10-15 minutes until casserole is bubbling hot and topping is lightly browned.
- VARIATIONS: Add any of the following to the casserole before baking: 16 oz.
- can peas and carrots, 4 ounce jar sliced mushrooms, 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper, 2 tsp, basil, 2 tsp.
- Italian seasoning, or 1/2 tsp.
- garlic powder.