1/1 Photo of Crunchy Chicken Casserole
The water chestnuts and sliced almonds gives this dish a nice "crunch". I cook the chicken and rice the day before I plan to serve. Then the next day, I just throw it all together and bake. Serve this casserole with a side dish of cooked broccoli. Makes a wonderful meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained (Cut each water chestnut slice into quarters if you prefer them in smaller pieces)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- salt & pepper
- 1In a skillet, saute' the celery in butter until tender.
- 2Remove from heat and add the next 8 ingredients.
- 3Spoon into an ungreased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 4Combine melted butter& cornflakes.
- 5Sprinkle on top.
- 6Bake 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.5
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 602.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: